With the high cost of services and fracs costing as much as 200K per stage, knowing with confidence how to complete and frac in a manner that will have the most positive impact on production is crucial. All of the data points in the world won't make a difference if they can't be correlated to an optimal production response.
Optimizing your shale development really comes down to your completion strategy, including hydraulic fracturing in the optimal part of the resource play. If your well is not producing as expected, microseismic data can fill in the blanks about a number of key questions.
Through our integrated microseismic and engineering services and technology, SIGMA³ delivers turn-key microseismic services, including:
- Survey design & forward feasibility modeling
- Synchronous multi-well acquisition (near-surface/borehole)
- One-way diffraction stack event location within anisotropic velocity field
- Integrated interpretation: engineering, petrophysics, seismically driven reservoir models
Achieve High-Confidence Event Detection & Location Using SIGMA³ Microseismic Building Blocks
Design and Execute Wells for Maximum IP and EUR with SIGMA³ Integrated Engineering Solutions
Rather than relying on averages or shotgun approaches, SIGMA³ combines the leading hydrofracturing engineering solutions with the best analytic understanding of the reservoir so you can be confident that you are optimizing your frac program.
Using a methodical, integrated approach, SIGMA³ acquires downhole microseismic data from at least 40 geophone levels – not just 8 or 12 – to provide the widest aperture and highest sampling. With the addition of instrument wells, you will get the most detailed view of your event location accuracy.
The true characteristics of the subsurface are revealed using a proprietary high-resolution 3D processing, analysis and interpretation methodology that encompasses not just the wavelet, but the entire wavefield.
- Borehole Seismic Imaging (BSI) Method to Ensure the Drill Bit Goes Where You Intend – A Haynesville Case Study
- World Oil, October 2013: Executive Viewpoint – A New Model for Understanding Shale Reservoirs
- TLE, July 2012: Seismic Anisotropy in Microseismic Event Location Analysis – SEG Best Paper in The Leading Edge Award, 2012
- First Break, September 2012: A Case for Shale Optimization
- Advanced Microseismic Brochure